Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My American Half

as previously mentioned, i was born in anchorage, alaska 
a random yet very beautiful location on the map
we can blame my father for that
but truly, its not his fault
he was just an unsuspecting boy from virginia who fell in love with her mountainous glory
paul, my dad, is pretty typical american. born to charlotte & joe in virginia. his younger sister, my aunt lana is married to some guy from Louisiana whos last name is 'MacNair'. im not really sure what they do there, but i am sure that its not really interesting. also they have 14 year old twins phillip & cambria
those 2 aren't so bad and i like to send them 'typical canadian' things for their birthday which probably seems pretty cool to them as they live at the most southern part of the US and canada is "soo far" as i was once told 
i love my american grandparents, they're so much nicer than my canadian ones (no offence mom) they're very southern like and live in one of those small towns where everyone gossips and goes to the same church. also whenever we come for american thanksgiving they bake me things i don't normally get to eat in vancouver like sweet potato pie and cobblers
though i must say, alaska & virginia are like 2 different planets
well except for all the rednecks they have in common but even the rednecks here up north are kind of different 
(well maybe i'll put up another post later about their differences)

my proud alaskan/virginian american half

No comments:

Post a Comment