Sunday, September 13, 2009

True and Pathetic Racism...

recently a blogger, zek, was being called racist..meanwhile i stumble upon a truly racist and kind of disturbing website
everyone knows that i'm kind of a sensitive person
and its really upsetting for me to see such obvious displays of hatred and intolerance and ignorance
that you often see on the internet, as i am from canada where we don't have so many race problems here
and i have never experienced racism (knowingly) first hand

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2009/08/racist_she_pref.php

they even congratulate austria on their 'progress' and everyone with a brain knows that austria (nadja describes as "un pays très raciste") is the country with the second highest number of neo nazis in the world
after america
and actually nadja and gabriel just explained to me why this is (about austria) and why germany has a considerably low number of neo nazis interestingly..but i'll post that later

in the words of Harlem Désir
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiqQo-hD64cgPeH3Pf4mVthS3wGecSv0sZ7trxoF_S6Zi4H8oQz98YQfB0MtyrjhKHwxXBMeqFY2ZuHTPC-NufFKFVVKt0sHfuLc1RnBpbkh87Azkf05V_lx_U5wNKD1usTV3tvrrZKePQ/s320/Main_sos.png

5 comments:

  1. wow... i can't even describe the way that site made me feel... i am not surprised because in America it sucks when it comes to people being racist. it just hurts to actually read that stuff

    iwillwrite32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i mean you know its out there and here about it
    but when you actually come across it, its like
    wow that really really hurts, you know

    i was torn between bursting into tears and going on an angry rampage

    people in general just want to be accepted and treated with respect..
    this is something you can't help and no matter how hard you try you can't be accepted by everyone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't spend a long time on the site...It just seems pretty amateurish to me. Many of the comments are pretty damn racist, but nothing compared to YouTube, IMO.

    I wouldn't worry my head about it for one. more. second. There are tons of these sites out there just righting for the right doofus. : Try not to let this kinda stuff drag you down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those comments were disgusting. I really cannot believe some people.

    I am a huge fan of interracial relationships. My brother is a product of one. So are my nieces and nephews and really most of my friends.

    With that being said, I'm a little "eh" with the whole article i read. I personally like to date Caucasian men. I have dated some African Americans and Hispanics in the past, but i always find myself with a Caucasian. Sometimes, i do get criticized for the wrong reasons and i feel people misunderstand me. I think its okay to have a preference. I really don't see a problem. Just like how men prefer to date men instead of women and vice versa. As long as you are not spewing hate on another, i think its fine.

    am i making sense here?

    The only difference between me & her is that i will not dismiss any person because of race. As long as you're decent looking and have an amazing personality i really don't care what color you are. But i feel that people are misunderstanding her. She didn't say that she hated African American men, she just simply has a preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totaly get what your saying christie
    im biracial myself and i totaly think its okay to have preferences but a lot of the other things on the sight really upset me more than her blind date experience, which i dont think are very good ideas anyways personally lol

    ReplyDelete